|Home > |
Southern Company and AGL Resources complete merger, create a leading U.S. energy company
AGL Resources has become a wholly owned subsidiary of Southern Company, which now has 11 electric and natural gas utilities with operations across the U.S. The addition of AGL Resources’ network of natural gas assets and businesses provides a broader, more robust platform for long-term success.
Southern Company is now the second-largest utility company in the U.S. in terms of customer base with:
- Eleven regulated electric and natural gas distribution companies providing service to approximately 9 million customers with a projected regulated rate base of approximately $50 billion;.
- Operations of nearly 200,000 miles of electric transmission and distribution lines and more than 80,000 miles of natural gas pipelines; and
- Generating capacity of approximately 44,000 megawatts.
- Closing AGL Resources Stock Prices. Click here for PDF
- Closing Nicor Gas Stock Prices. Click here for PDF.
- AGL Resources Dividend History. Click here for PDF
- AGL Resources Stock Split History. Click here for PDF
- For additional Shareholder Information Visit: investor.southerncompany.com.
|Sep 01, 2016||Southern Company, Kinder Morgan Finalize Southern Natural Gas Pipeline Strategic Venture|Companies share ownership of existing pipeline system,
plan to explore future infrastructure development opportunities ATLANTA, Ga. and HOUSTON, Texas – Sept. 1, 2016 – Southern Company (NYSE:SO) and Kinder Morgan, Inc. (NYSE: KMI) today announced the closing of their natural gas pipeline venture through Southern Company’s acquisition of a 50 percent equity interest in the Southern Natural Gas (SNG) pipeline system through a subsidiary of Southern Company Gas. As previously announc...
|Jul 01, 2016||Southern Company and AGL Resources complete merger, create a leading U.S. energy company|ATLANTA – Southern Company (NYSE: SO) and AGL Resources today announced the completion of a merger creating one of America’s leading energy providers.“This merger brings together two utilities recognized for outstanding reliability, world-class customer service and a commitment to inventing America’s energy future,” said Southern Company Chairman, President and CEO Thomas A. Fanning. “The strategic combination of industry leaders with similar business mod...
|Jun 29, 2016||Southern Company, AGL Resources receive final merger approval from New Jersey regulators|ATLANTA, June 29, 2016 – Southern Company (NYSE: SO) and AGL Resources (NYSE: GAS) have received unanimous regulatory approval of the companies' proposed merger from the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (BPU), which settles all issues in the proceeding.AGL Resources is the parent company of Elizabethtown Gas, a regulated utility providing natural gas distribution services to customers in New Jersey. The BPU’s decision represents the final regulatory approval needed to close the ...
Back to Top
| Utility Customers Served:|
nearly 4.5 million
| Retail Customers Served:|