Code of Conduct|
AGL Resources is committed to corporate governance policies and principles that reflect our core values of honesty and integrity in
everything we do. One of our key corporate values is what we refer to as operating "inside the lines." This means we conduct our
business in such a way that every decision is made with a focus on what is in the best interest of our stakeholders. This section of our
website is designed to provide you with key information about our corporate governance policies and initiatives.
We are committed to providing the investment community with information that is accurate, timely and as transparent as possible. We
believe that earnings visibility and transparency are of paramount importance to making an informed investment decision. With that in
mind, we will always strive to provide financial information that fairly and accurately reflects the results of our operations, and that are
consistent with current reporting standards and policies, including U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP).
Some of the highlights of our corporate governance program include:
We appreciate your continued confidence in AGL Resources, and we assure you that we will remain dedicated to ensuring the highest
standards of conduct and ethical behavior in all aspects of our company and its operations.
- A majority of our Board members are independent of the Company and its management; in fact, only one of our Board members
(D. Raymond Riddle) is a defined as an "insider" under current regulations;
- The Audit Committee has implemented policies consistent with the newly enacted corporate reform laws for auditor independence;
- The independent members of the Board meet regularly without the presence of management;
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, our independent auditors, report directly to the Audit Committee;
- The charters of each of our Board committees clearly establish their respective roles and responsibilities;
- The Company has a Code of Ethics and Conduct, and an insider trading policy, to which our key corporate decision-makers must
- All employees must confirm annually, in writing, their acceptance of the code of conduct; and
- We have implemented a hotline available for employees to anonymously and confidentially report any questionable practices, actions
or activities at the company.
John W. Somerhalder II
Chief Executive Officer
Elizabeth W. Reese
Executive Vice President
Chief Financial Officer