The following is an excerpt from our 2011 proxy statement.
The following table presents information as of December 31, 2010, concerning the beneficial ownership of AGL Resources common stock by each director and director nominee, by each executive officer named in the Summary Compensation Table under the caption “Executive Compensation—Compensation Paid to Executive Officers,” whom we refer to collectively as the “named executive officers,” and by all executive officers and directors as a group, based on information furnished by them to us.
Beneficial ownership as reported in the table below has been determined in accordance with SEC regulations and includes shares of common stock which may be acquired within 60 days after December 31, 2010, upon the exercise of outstanding stock options but excludes shares and share equivalents held under deferral plans which are disclosed in a separate column. See note (3) below. Unless otherwise indicated, all directors, director nominees and executive officers have sole voting and investment power with respect to the shares shown. As of December 31, 2010, no individual director, director nominee, named executive officer, or executive officers and directors as a group owned beneficially 1% or more of our common stock.
Share Ownership - Directors and Executive Officers
* All beneficial stock ownership information for Ms. Bane presented in this proxy statement is as of February 29, 2008, the date on which she first was granted shares of our common stock following her election to our board of directors.
Notes to Share Ownership Table
- Includes 100 shares held by each of our directors as required under our bylaws.
- For the non-employee directors, reflects the shares that may be acquired upon exercise of stock options granted under the 1996 Non-Employee Directors Equity Compensation Plan (which we refer to as the 1996 Directors Plan) and for the executive officers, reflects the shares that may be acquired upon exercise of stock options granted under the 2007 Omnibus Performance Incentive Plan (which we refer to as the OPIP), the Long-Term Incentive Plan (1999) (which we refer to as the Long-Term Incentive Plan) and which was the predecessor plan to the OPIP, or under the Officer Incentive Plan.
- Represents shares of common stock, common stock equivalents and accrued dividend credits held for non-employee directors under the 1998 Common Stock Equivalent Plan for Non-Employee Directors, which we refer to as the Common Stock Equivalent Plan, and, for the named executive officers, under the Nonqualified Savings Plan. The common stock equivalents track the performance of AGL Resources common stock and are payable in cash. The shares and share equivalents may not be voted or transferred by the participants.
- Includes 1,600 shares held by Mr. Riddle in trust via a Keogh account. Mr. Riddle has sole voting and investment power with respect to these shares.
- Includes 3,926 shares for which a member of the group who is not a named executive officer has shared voting and investment power. Also includes 737 shares in a trust held by a member of the group who is not a named executive officer. Such member has sole voting and investment power with respect to these shares.